PUFFS, or: Seven Increasingly Eventful Years at a Certain School of Magic & Magic is nowhere close to being done casting its spell over New York. The magical adult parody from writer Matt Cox moved locations in October, and I couldn’t wait to see what magic the cast and crew could create with more props, a different stage, and a new home. Full disclosure: I saw this show three times at The Peoples Improv Theater and fell in love with it there, so I was eager to see what the talented cast had in store.
Bread. Puffs. Puffs, or: Seven Increasingly Eventful Years at a Certain School of Magic and Magic is settling in to a new off-Broadway home at the Elektra Theatre in New York. The magical adult parody from writer Matt Cox has begun a new run of shows, and we can’t wait to see the magical journey that awaits us.
We spoke with Matt about the changes fans can expect from the show, how the move to a new theater provided creative wiggle room, the addition of James Fouhey to the cast, and why this magical journey is anything but over.
Read on for our exclusive interview with Matt Cox below:
As the summer reached its height, Pop City Life interviewed cast members of MTV’s Scream, Freeform’s Guilt, and blockbuster movie Star Trek Beyond, and continued to recap some of your summer programming favorites. Read on for our Pop City Life recap of July.
June was an exciting month for Pop City Life! Some of our favorite summer shows returned to the airwaves, and with them came the chance to chat with a few of the stars. Our Pop City Life recap of June is below.
The Puffs, or: Seven Increasingly Eventful Years at a Certain School of Magic and Magic is the hilarious, adult wizard parody we’ve all been waiting for. Brought to us by playwright Matt Cox, director Kristin McCarthy Parker, and producers Stephen Stout and Colin Waitt, The Puffs is playing at The Peoples Improv Theater in New York (a.k.a. The PIT) through August 4. What are you waiting for? Swipe your MetroCard and hop on a broomstick, dragon, hippogriff, magic carpet or whatever magical form of transportation you prefer and get ready to embrace this badger-loving bunch.
We spoke with some of The Puffs cast about bringing this magical world to the stage, their late-night show shenanigans, and their School of Magic and Magic bucket lists. Read on for our exclusive interview with Langston Belton, Julie Ann Earls, Zac Moon, Evan Maltby, A.J. Ditty, and Stephen Stout, and don’t forget to check out our exclusive chat with Puffs writer Matt Cox as well!
- RT @StLouisBlues : Ruff practice 🏒 #stlblues http://t.co/5czhpopgrc 1 year ago
- RT @OliviaSanabia : Thank you! Loved chatting with you all about @DisneyChannel #CoopandCami ⭐️💙💛⭐️ http://t.co/hD8MiEFQTT 1 year ago
- #JustAddMagic's @OliviaSanabia tells us all about playing #CharlotteWrather on the new @DisneyChannel series… http://t.co/0V9k4EJ23s 1 year ago
- Interview: We chat with @ReneeDWillett on her upcoming film #RunWithTheHunted, #Sharknado, and what's next for her.… http://t.co/rS8dHihiTb 1 year ago
- @LukeGuldan 👀 1 year ago
most liked posts
- The Librarians 4×12 – The Echoes of Memory (Season Finale) – Recap By Maria Novella on February 8, 2018 57
- Rizzoli & Isles 7×13 – Ocean Frank – Series Finale Recap By Nicola on September 6, 2016 54
- Interview: Laura Vandervoort on Coffee Shop – Exclusive By Noelle on September 12, 2014 27
- Review — Marvel Rising: Squirrel Girl & Ms. Marvel (2018) By Rose on July 6, 2018 23
- Rizzoli & Isles 7×01 – Two Shots: Move Forward – Recap By Nicola on June 7, 2016 22