by Ashley Weitzel
Continue reading for our interview with him about his experience!
1. Could you introduce yourself?
Hey there my name is Chris Tolleson.
2. What made you audition for the show?
I had just got out of a relationship and felt like I should just give up on having a relationship and then I saw the opportunity for help through MTV.
3. How did you find you were going to be on the show and what was your reaction?
I received an email and was like OH HELL NA! is this real life right now WTF…I was very excited.
4. Walking into the house were you more nervous or excited?
Well probably an even split down the middle haha I was the first in for the boys so I knew my reaction would set the tone for everyone else that hadn’t seen the girls yet.
5. What was it about Shanley that connected you to her in those first episodes?
Honestly besides our conversation the fact that she was dressed like a female version of Judd Nelson in Breakfast Club the first time I saw her I said okay this girl might be pretty rad. I gave it a shot and it was pure bliss how we connected.
6. How hard was it for you to find out you weren’t a match with her?
It was very difficult to swallow that pill but it was for the best honestly. Being a perfect match so early I think would have made Shanley and I spend to much time together and I wouldn’t get to see how she is when it comes to situations not involving us.
7. Did you have any sort of strategy going into the show?
No I knew that I would always be me to the T and I would always have an open mind, but if I met someone I wouldn’t give up on them for a game that can become real life.
8. Looking back do you have any regrets or anything you’d want to do differently?
That’s hard to say really. I am very happy with what happened and the decisions I MOSTLY made and I say mostly because I can’t remember all of them haha but I enjoyed the experience with someone that I fell pretty hard for regardless if it was a match or not.
9. Was it weird at all knowing your basically getting to know the same girls as 10 other guys?
A little bit because no one wants to look like second best and as you watch the show you can see how some girls play the mind game with the boys and it gets hard to want to open up yourself to one person when your status with someone can be “subject to change” with the flick of a switch.
10. Do you watch the episodes since they are airing, if so is it weird seeing yourself on tv?
Oh yes it is starting to get a little easier now but at first it was super odd to see me on tv. Now I make a drinking game out of it haha. I love it.
11. How have your friends and family been reacting to the show?
They always have some smart comment to say about me when I do something that makes me look like a fool or if I mention Shanley’s name….then we drink haha
12. What are your top shows you like to watch?
I have celeb crushes really bad so the shows I watch sometimes revolve around those haha for example I LOVE Ksenia Solo so I got hooked on Lost Girl and it ended up being a really good show it’s so good haha. I don’t follow Pretty Little Liars, but I could watch Ashley Benson, Lucy Hale, and Shay Mitchell all day. I love Teen Wolf and Game of Thrones just because they are great well written series.
13. Did you get to experience a lot of Hawaii or were you mostly in the house?
We stay in the house mostly but I did get to see the island quite a bit and saw some of the most captivating views that I will ever see in my life.
14. What is your current relationship status?
I’m single but my heart is not….that’s the best way I can put it really.
15. What should we expect from upcoming shows?
Drama, booze, fights, some kiss ass and tell big twists, heart break, and everlasting love thrown all together in one hour.
16. What have you been doing since the show?
I started helping coach volleyball but really I have been looking for opportunity to grow from the show and maybe try to touch people through entertainment in other ways whatever that may be.
17. Would you ever do any other reality shows? If so which ones?
Real World Challenges, hands down.
18. Who are you still closest to from the house?
I try to keep up with everyone but it’s hard sometimes. I do keep in touch with someone particular though.
19. What would you like to say to your fans/supporters?
I can’t express my gratitude honestly I feel privileged to have such a great fan base and I really appreciate everyone for watching, tweeting, supporting, and spreading the love.
Be sure to follow Chris on Twitter: @TophsTweets