by Ashley Weitzel
Ethan Diamond was born with Bi-Lateral club feet, both of his legs were rotated backwards and upside down. He started having reconstructive surgeries the same month he was born, and had them over the next 12 years. He went to Columbine High School where he played Varsity Baseball, Football, and Wrestling. In college, he fell off of a third story balcony and broke both legs in 10 places. The doctors said he would never walk again and he was in a wheel chair for months. Despite all of this he beat the odds and is now walking and healthy.
You can see Ethan every Tuesday night at 10pm on MTV’s hit show Are You The One? Continue reading for our interview with him.
1.Could you introduce yourself?
My name is Ethan Diamond. I am 23 years old and from Denver Colorado.
2. What were you doing before finding out about the show?
I was working for the Fort Collins Museum of Discovery as an Exhibits Coordinator.
3. How/why did you audition for the show?
I was having troubles with relationships and finding a catch, I saw an opportunity to change the way I date and win some money. I thought why not, so I applied.
4. When you first found you were going to be on the show and in Hawaii, what were your thoughts?
I was so excited to go to Hawaii, I had never been and I couldn’t wait to start the experiment.
5. Which girl were you most attracted to when walking into the house?
6. Did you have any issues with anyone on the show?
7. While on the show what did you do with your time?
I drank lots of cold beer, and had a clown mask that I used to scare everyone with.
8. Which challenge was your favorite?
I really enjoyed the repelling down the waterfall challenge. I’m so afraid of heights and falling. That challenge was the toughest for me to put mind over matter.
9. Have you been watching the show? How weird is it to see yourself on tv?
I love watching the show, it is really weird to hear myself talk on television!
10. Do you have any regrets looking back?
11. How has your family/friends reacted to the show so far?
My family has shown me nothing but amazing support and love to watch the show and myself on tv every week. My friends all get together and have viewing parties every Tuesday and record every episode. Always blowing up my phone and asking me questions about it every week.
12. What have you been doing since the show?
Back to work! Just enjoying as much of regular life as possible.
13. Would you ever do any other reality shows?
Yes I would love to be on the Amazing Race and any other challenge based shows. I love to compete.
14. What is your favorite tv show to watch?
15. What should we expect from the rest of the show?
Absolute craziness….almost like a controlled chaos, everyone starts to get the hang of the game but it is hard to get everyone on the same page all the time.
16. What would you like to say to your fans/supporters?
I love and appreciate all the support everyone has been giving me on the show, it was nerve racking waiting for the season to air and every week I get anxious to watch and tweet. So far everyone has been amazing and I have the best fan base in the world.
Be sure to follow Ethan on Twitter @EDiamond007