Last night’s Halloween special of Pretty Little Liars was full of hidden clues and easter eggs to tide fans over until the show’s return in January. This one in particular, plus the horror story in the beginning of the episode, seem to be hinting at the same thing. Notice anything odd about this picture? Sound off below!
Tonight, the Halloween special of Pretty Little Liars premiered. Complete with 2008 references, a creepy new intro and a Halloween party with the face-off of all face-offs, this episode pretty much made everyone suspicious.
- Alison has a sick interest in scary stories. The episode kicks off with Alison telling a little kid the gruesome tale of twin sisters. One twin stabs and kills the other, smiles, and is carted off to an insane asylum only to escape and attack on Halloween. At one point in the episode, we catch a glimpse of a van from the local sanitarium. I’ve long hoped that Alison had an evil twin somewhere so if this was foreshadowing a possible new storyline, I’m all for it.
- Noel Kahn and his eyebrows are the most popular guy in school. Noel has the biggest Halloween party in town and just about everyone shows up. Even hot detective Wilden..in his uniform..drinking with kids. The cops in this town are so professional.
- Jenna and Alison have had problems from the start. Jenna moves to town in this episode and not everyone is happy to see her. Toby is depressed his father remarried and Ali is pissed that another girl dares to dress as Lady Gaga to the same party. And she does it better. Telephone Gaga didn’t even exist in 2008 Alison AND your wig looks like a helmet. Alison offers her an easy route to popularity if she plays ball but Jenna turns her down and prefers to make her own friends. Moments later, Mona and Jenna meet and hit it off. Hmmm.
- Dorky Mona is adorable but creepin’. This episode featured a ton of character cameos from past episodes. Detective Wilden was around, Jason and his stoner buddies were making movies in his bedroom, Ian is dating Melissa and enjoying his new HD camcorder, Fitz is still in college, and Mona is always around getting dissed by the girls. The only people she bonds with in the episode are Lucas and his adorable pumpkin sweater and Jenna. HMM. Melissa and Ian also ping my suspicion radar when they go dressed as Bonnie and Clyde.
- Alison was A’s first target. I guess this disproves that Alison is A. Alison is being watched and targeted with anonymous texts and violent notes in this episode. “It’s my tuen to torture you.” Sure sounds like they want us to think it’s Lucas. Alison is such a bitch to everyone though that it could be anyone. Alison grabs Noel and plans a prank on the girls that leads them to think that Alison is being attacked by a killer with a knife in an abandoned house. They watch her get attacked with a huge blade until she knees the killer and runs out. They try to find her and she laughs and says it was a joke to test their loyalty. They go back to the party and Alison thanks Noel for coming through. He tells her he didn’t have his car and was unable to make it. The creepy masked stalker calls Alison a bitch and walks away only to unmask themselves and reveal it’s Lucas. Alison gets one last text telling her she will soon know who they are. Then a second masked person is revealed but their face is not shown.
What did you think of tonight’s episode? Any new theories? Pretty Little Liars returns in January.
We are now two days away from the return of Pretty Little Liars with their special Halloween episode; The First Secret. Access Hollywood talks to the girls about their costumes and what we can expect from the flashbacks. I was way off about Spencer’s costume.
If you enjoy spoilers, check out some sneak peeks of the episode here.
We are just one week away from the return of Pretty Little Liars with their Halloween special. The First Secret airs on Wednesday October 19th and kicks of the 13 Nights of Halloween. ABC Family has 5 secrets about the episode to prepare you for the hour long flashback.
- 1. “The First Secret” is a prequel episode that takes place in 2008 on the Halloween before Ali went missing.
- 2. This will be the first time that we’ll see Alison alive since the pilot.
- 3. This will be the first time you meet Jenna since she’s just moved Rosewood, so she can see!
- 4. Alison and Jenna meet for the first time. And we don’t have to tell you that sparks will fly!
- 5. A lot of familiar faces will be popping up.
Omg! Is this new Halloween inspired intro video for Pretty Little Liars real? It’s so creepy! Last night, 4 clips from the special Halloween Event episode of Pretty Little Liars “The First Secret” leaked. Thanks to Tumblr, we can squee about them if you are too impatient to wait until October 19th.
Major spoilers. Don’t click if you don’t want to see!
most liked posts
- Rizzoli & Isles 7×13 – Ocean Frank – Series Finale Recap By Nicola on September 6, 2016 132
- The Librarians 4×12 – The Echoes of Memory (Season Finale) – Recap By Maria Novella on February 8, 2018 123
- Rizzoli & Isles 7×01 – Two Shots: Move Forward – Recap By Nicola on June 7, 2016 63
- Rizzoli & Isles 5×09 – It Takes A Village – Recap By Nicola on August 13, 2014 57
- Rizzoli & Isles 6×13 – Hide & Seek – Recap By Nicola on February 17, 2016 37