Nonprofit organization Outfest, which describes its mission as “[promoting] LGBT equality by creating, sharing and protecting LGBT stories on the screen,” recently announced that it will be honoring Freeform at this year’s Legacy Awards. The network, known for LGBT-inclusive programming such as Pretty Little Liars, The Fosters, and Becoming Us, will receive the Corporate Trailblazer Award on Oct. 23.
At Pop City Life, we’ve recapped The Fosters since season 2 and have been following the series since the pilot. Here’s a look at how the show likely contributed to Freeform winning the Outfest award.
The Fosters 4×09 begins with a sentence that silences Stef and Lena’s bickering kids (minus Brandon) and shocks viewers: “Mama and I are filing for divorce.” This bombshell is incongruously followed by the show’s soothing theme song. Stef! Lena! Don’t you remember this is right where you BELOOOONG? Then we’re promptly transported 36 hours back in time, with the divorce announcement left hanging in the air. Well, we’re two minutes into this episode and I already need a Xanax. Read on for our recap of The Fosters 4×09, “New York.”
In The Fosters 4×07, Callie and AJ take their relationship to the next level, Jude only knows he’s high while Gabe’s feeling low, and Jesus nails it. Read on for our recap of The Fosters 4×07, “Highs & Lows.”
In The Fosters 4×06, Lena, Callie, and Mariana all snap, while Brandon can’t stop justifying his actions. Read on for our recap of The Fosters 4×06, “Justify.”
most liked posts
- Rizzoli & Isles 7×13 – Ocean Frank – Series Finale Recap By Nicola on September 6, 2016 122
- The Librarians 4×12 – The Echoes of Memory (Season Finale) – Recap By Maria Novella on February 8, 2018 111
- Rizzoli & Isles 7×01 – Two Shots: Move Forward – Recap By Nicola on June 7, 2016 59
- Rizzoli & Isles 5×09 – It Takes A Village – Recap By Nicola on August 13, 2014 50
- Rizzoli & Isles 6×13 – Hide & Seek – Recap By Nicola on February 17, 2016 36