Breaking Bad is this kind of show that should start with a little advice message “please be sure to have a defibrillator next to you because you’re going to have an attack”. Every time we think the episode was really tensed and the show couldn’t be better, and every time the next episode shows us there’s not limit.
Damn it they did it again! Breaking Bad offers us an episode full of plots, manipulations and hand shakings. So where were we? Last week left us with Jessie’s big unknown plans to get Walter after he screwed up the police trap and Walter calling Todd to offer his uncle (a neo-nazi) a job to do: killing Jessie.
At that point it is quite clear: Walter White doesn’t exist anymore. The nice chemistry teacher is dead instead he is now just a plain coward monster. Not a hero. Not an anti-hero. Just a monster. Like all those people he fought against in the past seasons. And if in the past he was finally winning the battle, this time he is not leading the game anymore. Jesse and Hank anticipate all his moves now, including Walt’s plot to drive Jesse to Andrea’s (Brook’s mother) house.
“Alone he stands” could have been the subtitle of this episode. Anything else but this passage of Walt sat alone at the pool side of the motel can describe precisely what the character is going through. Little by little, this big powerful man who has the world at his feet is going deeper and deeper into loneliness while his empire is crumbling. Yes, Walter White slowly but exquisitely losing the game…
How far Walter can go to get what he wants? “Confessions” shows nothing but the greatness Monster this nice teacher became through the show, a manipulative monster with no limit and who by the end will be his own enemy.
most liked posts
- Rizzoli & Isles 7×13 – Ocean Frank – Series Finale Recap By Nicola on September 6, 2016 127
- The Librarians 4×12 – The Echoes of Memory (Season Finale) – Recap By Maria Novella on February 8, 2018 119
- Rizzoli & Isles 7×01 – Two Shots: Move Forward – Recap By Nicola on June 7, 2016 61
- Rizzoli & Isles 5×09 – It Takes A Village – Recap By Nicola on August 13, 2014 55
- Rizzoli & Isles 6×13 – Hide & Seek – Recap By Nicola on February 17, 2016 36