Whether you want to host a cozy family get-together for the holidays or a blowout party with your friends, now is the perfect time to buy the supplies you need. At this busy time of year, shopping online is a great way to get everything you need with very little exertion on your part. First of all, you’ve no doubt noticed how the temperature seems to be dropping. True, it is unpredictable and seems it can’t make up its mind if it wants to be freezing winter weather or rainy and humid (ugh!), but the fact is that staying indoors is usually ideal.
Online shopping is a much more pleasant experience, because you can stay toasty warm and dry in the comfort of your own home—no crowded stores or crammed parking lots to navigate. Aside from that, when you shop online, you can browse and compare potential purchases, and everything is just a click away. And you can save money, too, because you won’t be using gas or bus fare But what about those annoying delivery charges that so many online retailers add to your bill? Wll, this season, you can say goodbye to lack-of-free shipping complaints by using Freeshipping.com. This awesome web site will save you a lot of money on purchases, so you can order everything you want and not worry about your budget. Here are some dos and don’ts when it comes to shopping for party supplies online.
The “Do” List
1. Make sure you order enough paper goods to last throughout the entire party. Bear in mind that many people will take one sip from a cup, put it down, and walk away. Later, they’ll need new cups when they can’t remember exactly where they placed the old ones (and who wants to take a chance during cold and flu season?) The same holds true for forks, plates, and napkins, so stock up on everything. Especially when you order online, ordering in bulk can be extremely easy, so take advantage. You can get some cute themed paper plates and napkins to add to the festive atmosphere. Matching candles might be fun, too!
2. Also, make sure you choose sellers and membership programs that are reputable and well reviewed. For example, when you’re checking out the FreeShipping.com rating, you’ll find that the company deals with major retailers.
3. Shop safely. Be careful with your personal information, like your credit card and home address. If you’re ordering supplies using a computer that other people use, be sure to close all browsers and clear your cache when you’ve finished.
The “Don’t” List
1. Don’t order in excess. Order enough supplies to last for the whole party, but try not to overdo it, as that will end up being a waste of money (unless you really like using Santa napkins in February.) Instead, make an honest assessment of how many people will actually show up and average two cups, forks, plates, and napkins per person.
2. Don’t fall for false bargains and every advertisement that flashes onto your computer screen. Before you click anything, make sure you confirm that it is a legitimate sale. You don’t want to be stuck paying unnecessary charges, like costly deliveries, when it’s so easy to save money by doing your research!